My Jam Session!!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

OK that's a really corny title - I think I'm tired.


Today I attempted something I've never done before...jam making! I had some apples from our neighbours trees that were too sour to eat, so instead of doing the old apple, sugar & cinnamon puree, I decided to make apple jam!! (well attempt it - that way I would only waste the cost of sugar if it didn't work - which I expected!)

Amazingly it was a successful endeavour - in fact it is one of the yummiest jams I have ever tasted - unfortunately it only made 1 1/2 jars.

Now I really feel like a country wife - next stop pickles!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really have become a country housewife! Next thing we know, you'll be joining the CWA (Country Women's Association)!! Good on you for having a go - and it's specially good to be rewarded with some yummy jam in the process. Chutney's good stuff - so start looking out for really cheap tomatoes!! See you lots of love
Mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps didn't you like my comment on the bed picture?????

Blog Widget by LinkWithin