Olympic Fun!!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I like watching the olympics - no, really I LOVE it & this is the first year the kids are old enough to enjoy it with me - Yay!!! (What a great bonding experience -Mum yelling " come on, come on" - I don't care that you've been riding your bike for 6 hours - "just ride a bit faster up that hill to win" at the TV - what lovely bonding LOL) OK I may just get a little too involved, but I always find it interesting that upon an Aussie losing, I say "oh well they did well just to get there", but if they win, you would have thought I was as much a part of getting the gold medal as the athlete "yes WE won" - "what a great result for US!"
Anyway what I love about the kids watching with me is I don't look so silly yelling at the TV (well I'll just tell myself that) & also they then try to copy each of the sports they're watching - for example today we had a basketball game (after watching the Opals win theirs - yay!); a bike race; equestrian (it's a good thing I have an even number of kids as we have 2 horses/ 2 riders (slightly unfair for the 'weaker' horse, but anyway); oh & unfortunately their mean mum wouldn't let them do any rowing ("No the dam is OUT OF BOUNDS - besides probably being zero degrees celsius, just pretend to row!!" )
So now you know - once every 4 years I have a personality change, but it's alright it only lasts for 2 weeks!LOL (although I do also enjoy the commonwealth games)!!

AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE

OI, OI, OI!!

(with apologies to any international readers!)

8 comments:

debi9kids said...

Great post!
Would you believe I don't have my V since I turned it off for the summer? Soooo, can't watch the Olympic! :(

Anonymous said...

We love the Olympics too. We were so excited tonight, watching Michael Phelps win the gold! Woo hoo!

I thought of you when Stephanie Rice won. Our announcers mentioned that she's quite a celebrity in Australia, always in the tabloids, and I said to my husband, "Huh. I'll have to ask Renata and Saminda about that."

How cool that I know someone to ask!

SF said...

Go Aussies!!!
We too are loving the Olympics. Saraya is so interested, and I agree it's really bonding to sit and cheer together! My kids can't believe we actually have the tv on so much- in the daytime and everything!!

Anonymous said...

We cheer the Aussie team too. Great to see such patriotism. Love Grandad

Anonymous said...

Watching the Olympics is like, the most brilliant procrastination ever!!! C'mon Aussies Cmon, Cmon!!
Go little Aussies too! Tell the chickens I'm cheering for them too (and procrastinating on my study

Kylie said...

Loving the Olympics. Sarah and I have been yelling at the TV too!! She wants to be like the gymnastic girls (I should have been doing the washing...oh well).

Deanna said...

LOVIN'the Olympic's too....haven't been able too see much of them though.... We have a girl from our local area on the USA Gymnastics team...so that is kind of cool!!

ADORABLE picture by the way...

Anonymous said...

Hey gorgeous ones!!!! Keep enjoying the Olympics. Maybe Narn, you might have to censor some events - I'm a bit worried that the twins might try the doubles diving (can't think of what it's called!) and maybe the gymnastics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope Jess Schipper wins her 200m butterfly...the commentator mentioned that the triplets (her brothers - who by now are probably grown up) and her sister Rebecca who was in Sel's Sunday School class were in the crowd. Sel remembered how they used to get to Sunday school. The had a long rope, Rebecca was at the front, the triplets followed with Jess at the rear. Apparently the triplets weren't supposed to let go of the rope. I wonder if they ever did....
Hope your cold weather warms up soon - it's pretty nippy here in the sub-tropics too!! Love to all the little 'olympians' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin