Random things I've learned since moving to the country!

Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm back!! Sorry for my absence - I've been enjoying spending lots of time with my family - but unfortunately they had to go home this arvo, so I've finally arrived home after dropping them off at the bus an hour away. It was so nice sitting down & chatting with them. I just wanted to hang onto every second. But now sadly they had to return home (sniff, sniff). I did however get a nice surprise when I arrived home to a special package (more to come on that next week - but thanks Heather!), that certainly brightened my afternoon!
Anyway Laura has tagged me with a random things about me meme. Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag



I thought I would do it with a twist & write 6 random things I've learnt since moving way out west!




1. Did you know chickens eat chicken? - it's true, actually chickens eat most things (great garbage disposals - they pay you in eggs!) but they also eat cooked chicken & eggs!

2. I know I've mentioned it before, but out here they call the meal in the middle of the day "dinner" & the evening meal " tea" - but I heard a new twist on it this week - they also have "morning lunch" & "afternoon lunch" (aka morning & afternoon tea!!)




3. The "quiet, laid-back country life" is a falsehood - when you move to the country, you are busier than ever - just doing things you enjoy!

4. Where you have livestock, you have deadstock - so don't get too attached to your animals & make them part of the family (a lesson I learnt the hard way!) By the way, this is my newest 'baby', but I've already put him in the paddock with the other lambs - I just bring him up for nightime. Isn't he cute!



5. When something is only going to take "just a minute" - it always takes at least 2 hours!






6. Maybe it's the vastness of the sky- I don't know, but you spend a lot of time out here analysing & praying about the weather - possibly because it effects so many of your friends lives so much!

So now I'll have to tag 6 people ( I hate choosing, so if you want to do this, just do), but for the fun of the game, I tag:

Heather

Saminda

Samster

Mum-me

Sandra

Kylie

6 comments:

SF said...

Thanks for the tag Renata. :) I'll get onto it soon!!
Great to read about your random facts. It sounds like you're adjusting to the quirks of life out there......... and I LOVE your lamb!!! Saraya would go nuts for all your animals- she loves animals and poor child, has no pets. :( Maybe one day!

Frizzy said...

LOVE ALL THE PICS and reading about your life. I want a baby lamb. Soo CUTE!

Mum-me said...

I love the photos.

And I loe reading about your country life.

Glad you had a good time with your family.

jazzy cat said...

Hi! I've found your blog through Saminda's - and just wanted to leave a comment (for once). I love your photography! Granted, the subjects are conducive to good shots ;-) but I really like looking at, and reading, your work. Brings back memories of my grandparents place on the Darling Downs.

Kimmie said...

Wow Renata...the chicken facts are a little disturbing when you ponder it.

Your life in the country looks and sounds amazing. God bless your little piece of 'wonderful.'

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Michael said...

I love the photo of the wheat. Is that one for the show next year?

There are some lessons in the country.

Our biggest one was - be prepared - we learnt this after getting to the weekend and finding no fuel in the car, no fuel available and a 200km return trip to Wagga planned. Or getting to the weekend and finding, no cash, no cash available, dinner to go to. We're slow learners too. God Bless, Michael

Blog Widget by LinkWithin