Today is the day that our nation stops & celebrates this wonderful country that we live in: Australia! To celebrate I thought I'd share ( in no particular order) 10 things I love about Australia!
1. The wide open spaces. We Aussies love our space & are blessed to live in a country where the population is small enough to warrant large portions of just beautiful unblemished landscape!
2. The beaches. Without a doubt they are a gem to our country ~ bordering Australia on all sides. What Aussie doesn't like a trip to the beach & such beautiful ones we have here ~ vast lengths of soft ( albeit hot at times) sand with clear sparkling blue water.
3. Freedom. We are so blessed to have freedom here. The freedom to vote for the government we wish ( not that they always get in ), the freedom to raise our children how we want & most importantly the freedom to openly worship the Lord!
4. The variation. Australia is a vast country with such changeable scenery & variable climates from the far northern tropics to the dry hot deserts of the center to the fertile plains to the beautiful mountainous country to the bitterly cold south & every variation in between! What a great country it is!
5. Family. I am blessed to have all my relatives living in this country ~ from far up north in Cairns to way down south in Tasmania & here & there in between! The people I love & who love me the most!
6. The sky. I love the sky & ever more so out here where it extends from horizon to horizon. I always think the sky is God's love letter to us ~ it's never the same, always changing, but always beautiful!
7. The people. A quiet, reserved, happy bunch of folk reside on this large island.
8. Our history. Every Aussie has a link to the rich history of this country. Most of us can trace our ancestry back to the beginnings of this nation. I come from settlers & convicts & there are even a few stories about stowaways in the family archives!
9. Our food. With so many immigrants over the years our food has such wonderful variation, but what Aussie won't eat a meat pie at some time this year ~ how about a snag on the barbie?
10. Our nation built on Christianity. I don't think we often realise how blessed we are to live in a country that was built on Christian values & standards. It is what has made Australia into the wonderful place it is today!
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!!!!!!!!