* So far I've pulled 9 lambs this lambing season & we aren't even half way through.
* I pulled a lamb out while it's twin was half hanging out. It was a difficult birth & took well over an hour for me to work out what was going on & what had to be done. All I could do was apologise to the mother over & over. At least I saved her life.
* I told the kids today that I might just send them all back to school ~ think how much tidier the house & farm would be & how much more I'd get done around here.
* Last night we had a lamb crying for it's mama out in the laundry all night ( well it felt like all night). It's adjusted today though & already thinks we're it's mother.
* I moved the poddy lambs out of the laundry & down to a nearby shed today.
* The increased irritability displayed by a couple of family members may have been a result of being kept awake by the crying lamb :)
* Ellie had more medical tests today, but we're hoping they are the last!!!! ( praise God). She's doing so much better.
* We had an intruder yesterday while we went to the city for yet another Dr's appointment ~ but the good kind. She left dinner, fruit & dessert:)
* My garden has enough roquette in to feed a small army.
* I may have been sick of the seeds not growing, so I planted the rest of the packet last autumn.
* I'm finding lots of ways to creatively use roquette in my cooking.
* We lost more chickens to a nasty fox ~ during the daytime.
* I did however save Zai's ugly rooster from the fox by running after the fox ( while it had the rooster in it's mouth), waving a stick & screaming for all I was worth. Now the rooster has no tail feathers & looks even stranger than ever.
* I couldn't talk properly after all that yelling :)
* Our ducks have disappeared. We've speculated that they headed north for the winter, but think it probably has more to do with the fox.
* We're talking about getting 20 more hens.
* I can't decide what fruit trees to order for our orchard this year & if I leave it much longer it's going to be too late. The kids are begging for apple trees & I think we'll probably choose the 5 trees package that fruit Feb to May.
* Our cat has also disappeared. We've made up a story that it's on an adventure with a friend's dog, but we think it may have more to do with the orange bulge we saw on the road :(
* I want another kitten already.
* The honey man dropped in the other morning with the yearly bucket of honey he gives us for letting him put bees on the farm. The thing is I still have half the bucket from last year....& the year before. I'm wondering if pigs like honey??
* Once again I was in my pj's when he came. I promise I do get dressed each morning, just not first thing on Saturdays.
* I'm not sure what is going on with the comments on my blog, it's seems I have people commenting in two programs & I have no idea what happens to the other lot of comments. I was so looking forward to replying as well :( I'm thinking about going back to plain old blogger. What do you think??
* I think we have just the most amazing sunsets around here.
Have a wonderful day
Just for the record ~we are still planning on homeschooling the children ~it was just one of those days:)