Liebster Award

Friday, January 25, 2013

The lovely Clarissa from Counting our Blessings has blessed me today by giving my blog the Liebster Award.  
Thank you Clarissa!




Want to know more about Liebster?? 
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 follower mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award. "liebster" is German for "favorite" 


The rules-

1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

My 11 facts:

1.  I am the eldest of 5 girls!

2.  My favourite colour is pink & has been since I was a little girl, but my bridesmaid's dresses were blue.  

3. I knew I wanted to marry Dave when I was 16.

4. I've only kissed Dave.

5.  We were both 20 when we got married.

6. I have to go & help my husband put rings on the parts of the boy lambs that we left for 6 months to see if they would produce more meat if they were untampered with for longer than the other lambs that had rings put on earlier....gotta go :)

7.  I'm back...my that was a hot job.... I love helping my husband with farm work, but not in 40 degree heat!

8.  I prefer to read historical novels set in America rather than Australia. (Does that make me unpatriotic??)

9.  I was 22 when I had my first child.

10. Our boys all have biblical names ( their real names), but poor miss Ellie ~ her real name came from a Jamie Oliver cook book!


11.  I have thought to quit blogging more times than I can count.  I even wrote a goodbye post, but something has stopped me from actually doing it.


And now Clarissa's questions for me:


1. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
We love our family devotion time in the evenings.  It is such a great way to end the evening focusing on the Lord as a family & we have the most interesting discussions.

2. What is one prayer that God answered in your life and how?
He healed our twins when they had twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome.

3. What one goal (hope, dream, prayer) do you have for 2013?
To love & serve the Lord with everything in me!  To continue to raise our children pointing them towards a life for the Lord!

4. What one thing do you hope to instill in your children?
My daily prayer for our precious children is that they will love & serve the Lord every day of their life.

5. What do you do to relax or de-stress?
Oh relaxing...what is that???
Well truthfully ~ probably the few minutes I get to sit here & blog and of course I am a reader & have to read each night to go to sleep (but it has to be a book ~ computers just make my sleep restless.

6. In what area/subject are you most creative with your homeschooling?
Maths & Science...oh & I'm learning to in English, but the others we do just to tick the boxes.

7. What is one thing you learned from homeschooling your children?
Patience....well actually I'm still learning it.  I have enjoyed learning how children learn & working out the best way to teach each child.  I have learnt so very much!!!

8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Closer to our family, but always on a farm.

9. What is our favorite homeschool curriculum?
I am learning so much about homeschool curriculum since I've joined the Review Crew that I don't think I'm qualified to answer this just yet.

10. Do you speak or teach a foreign language?
Uh...no...although sometimes the twins phonetically spelled words looked like they were from a different language at the start of last year.

11. Where is your favorite place to vacation as a family?
Ahhhh  holidays.... I would love to have one right about now... to the beach.  My favourite place would have to be Yamba, NSW ~ it is just beautiful there & the sea water is so much warmer than south of Sydney!


The questions to my nominees...

1.Are you an early bird or a night owl?
2. What did you want to do when you grew up as a child?
3. City or country?
4. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
5.  Curly or straight ~ what is your favourite type of hair?
6. Is it the same as your actual hair?
7.  What is one thing you could do without in your life?
8. What is one thing you couldn't do without (not person, thing)?
9.  What is your favourite cleaning utensil?
10. Are you on pinterest?  What is your link ( if you are happy to share it openly on the net)?
11. What is your favourite flower?

Now to pass it on...
 OK I was going to do this properly, but it was getting too time consuming so I would love to give everyone who is reading this the award & please feel free to post & pass it on if you would like!  

Have a wonderful day friends
Blessings

Blog Widget by LinkWithin