Time flies....

Wednesday, April 29, 2015





 







 
In the blink of an eye & the whisper of a prayer she turned 11.  It seems no time since we were awaiting her birth, anticipating the VBAC I so desperately wanted.  But, alas, it was not to be as she refused to be born and so at 42 wks 2 days the Drs gave me no choice but to have another C-section. She's still pretty laid back like that.  No rushing. Doing things in her own time.    On that memorable day they delivered our precious daughter  & she weighed over 2lb heavier than her older brother (which, considering she was growing inside for 5 weeks longer than he did, is understandable). And yes, that was a very loooooooong 5 weeks for me....
 
On this, her 11th birthday, our night owl awoke long before the sun - much earlier than her usual wake up time. Her excitement soon had her brothers up & consequently Mum & Dad were hauled out of bed for the traditional 'birthday (treasure) hunt'.  Pyjama clad, she opened her gifts from relatives far & near.  Her main present was a new, grown-up, ladies bike as she had quickly outgrown her old bike.  Bikes are very important around here & so to have a working bike is priority.  Long bike rides occur all over the farm for our precious four. The first ride on her new, purple bike occurred once the sun was up (still pyjama clad though).
 
It was a rather quiet birthday.  Our friends, who are like family, came to celebrate with our precious girl. She chose a swimming pool cake which was surprisingly easy to decorate (YAY!!!).  I always hold my breath as they decide on their cakes.  I am well aware that cake decorating is not my gifting, but it is so much fun to see the excitement in the children's eyes when I produce the cake they requested.  They have never complained about my skill shortage!
 
It's hard to believe 11 years have been celebrated with this precious girl.  I am so glad that in between the busyness of our lively boys, God sent me a girl.  At the moment our home is even more full & this daughter of ours has really become such a huge help to me.  It's wonderful to see her growing up all the time!
 
What a blessing every day is with our precious gift!
Happiest 11th Birthday Ellie!
 
Blessings
Blog Widget by LinkWithin