This & that...

Saturday, August 1, 2015
















It's been an unusual winter here at Sunnyside. At least it's been unusual for us, although the old timers say it's the way winter should be.  Icy cold with regular rainfall.  I'm not a big fan of the icy cold, but thankfully with so many poddy lambs, it pushes me to go outside regardless of the weather.  I do think otherwise I would tend to hibernate fireside on those frost encrusted mornings.  I am, however LOVING the rain!  Our big dam which has been low for ever so long is now less than a metre from being completely full.  We are just so thankful for this!

Our children are getting quite proficient with their trampoline tricks.  I love these pictures that they wanted me to take of them.  I remember that, as a young girl, I would wish I could do a flip on the trampoline in mid-air.  I would pretend that my summersaults were really flips. I guess my kiddos don't get their trampoline skills from me.... 

We tried the old ' coloured leaves' experiment for science recently.  I let the children choose whichever colour of food colouring they wished for their particular leaves. Of course they all chose random mixes which all ended up being an ugly brown colour.  And even then, the leaves never changed colour as they were meant to even after waiting for days after it should have worked.  Oh well - I guess that is life.  We can't colour leaves, but we sure can grow poddy lambs ;)

I'm afraid I've turned into rather the coffee snob.  I still drink mine cold - yes, even on the coldest days, yes I know I'm crazy (but hey, many people drink hot coffee on hot days...).  I've always liked nice coffee, but now I have to have nice coffee - you know, those speciality blends that only come from certain shops....."Snob" my husband calls me.... (of course that is only at home - if I'm out I'm thankful for whatever people serve me :)!

The other evening an ominous cloud moved over Sunnyside & with it the rain.  It was amazing to see how quickly it filled the sky from West to East.  I love it when you can see the rain coming & in this case it was so very easily discernible!

I'd best be going as I have a million and one things to do, but surely will not get through even five of them.  Oh well there's always tomorrow...(Lord willing).

Have a wonderful weekend friends!
Blessings


Blog Widget by LinkWithin