In Gratitude....

Thursday, June 11, 2015


...For green, green grass...



...And a certain boar that got out....


....And the 'pig whisperer' that returned him to his rightful place & ensured it wouldn't happen again (we hope).....

...For the lack of blossoms because they were picked by two year old hands & sweetly given to me ( I love having a little one around)....


....And my Bessy cow who is still awaiting me finding her a 'husband' so she can again fulfil her purpose on the farm ....


....And a certain farmer who takes on the messiest of all jobs -  grinding the pigs feed....


...Which makes him look prematurely grey (and then we tease him).....


.....For warm fires on cold evenings.....

....And this crazy cat who curls up next to the fire as soon as he seems me lighting it....

...And abundant eggs, even during the winter days (well that was until two little Mr's decided to pay a visit to the hen house unsupervised & chase the hens)....



Winter has set in here on the farm & we are enjoying the changes the season brings.  I'm not sure if it's just this year, or maybe it's that we've been here so long now, but this winter has been much more bearable than any other we've had.  Of course it's probably that I don't have a cow to milk at the moment (although I am looking for one....) and so I can stay in the warm house a little longer in the mornings and am not crunching over frost encrusted grass (although we've been having some mighty good frosts already).  After the driest autumn in 10 years, some winter rain has been much appreciated.  

We are making plans to be able to bring water to the farm ourselves without having to borrow equipment from a friend (we have a few options).  We  both long for green grass over the summer months.  It seems just a little patch lifts your spirits so! And being able to keep a garden going throughout summer instead of having even your perennials die off due to the dryness will be much appreciated.  Of course we now know it is possible thanks to our experimental tomato garden this summer which was a resounding success! 

 In the meantime though, I try to make the effort each day to grab even just one image of something or someone that I am thankful for. Even though this place is far from our 'perfect','dream' farm, it is still a wonderful, undeserved blessing!  Never do I want to be looking just at the negative.  I need to try to weigh every negative thought with numerous positives.   T

his photo compilation is from an extended period of time, yet it is good to look back at what I was thankful for on those days.  I have every intention of finding time back here on the blog to share a bit more of our story now that life has slowed just a little....but that's another blog post in itself!
Have a wonderful day friends!




Blog Widget by LinkWithin