Honest blog!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I was given this award by Jennifer at The Miles Family Adventures - thanks very much!
The rules are:
"When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"
Well 10 honest things about me:

* I have always wanted to live on a farm as far back as I can remember - thankfully I married a man with similar dreams!


* I would love to live self-sufficiently. Soon we'll have our own meat, but I would love to have a fertile (& large) enough garden to cater almost completely to our culinary needs all year around (I would, of course, have to buy in tropical fruits still).


(These are our grapes as of today- we should get a good crop!!)


* I never, ever, ever thought I would have twins - there aren't any on my side for at least 5 generations (thus making fraternal impossible without medical intervention) & identical twins are so rare (1 in 250 or so) that I never considered it.


* I've changed my favourite season from summer (up North) to spring (since we moved down here!)

(This is today - as you can see everything has died off for summer - this is normal for this part of the world!)

* I am going to experiment with preserving some cherries this afternoon & blanching & freezing carrots (that I bought for 79c/kg) - this is how I used to keep my excess of broccoli from my winter garden up north.



* I've been struggling to come up with posts over the last few weeks, so I took my camera with us to the bus stop this morning & then the twins & I went for a walk & I think I have enough pics for at least 3 posts now! (OK I took over 100 pics!! - can you tell I enjoy photography??)

(This is our crop - golden & almost ready for harvest!!)

* I haven't really started Christmas shopping. I have a couple of presents, but the bulk I haven't even thought about (Sigh).




* I am so proud of Dave as he's been working on a particular project at work since we moved here (designed & built it) & yesterday was it's first run & it went well!!!! YAY - well done Dave!!!



* I'm tired. I don't know why - I went to bed at 9:30pm last night, but I could go & have a sleep right now (of course I won't, as soon as I've published this post I'm going to hang out the washing & then get into the kitchen - I'll have to put on some boppy music to get me motivated - actually I'll have an iced coffee right now - be back in a minute! - sorry babbling again)
* (Back with iced coffee - one sip & I'm feeling better already - that's a bad thing isn't it!) OK number 10 - I'm addicted to iced coffee's now, but I never drank any coffee until I had the twins - that's when my caffeine addiction started!!





Now I'm meant to pass it on. I know a lot of blogs I read have already been given this award, so if you're on my blogroll ( or want to be on my blogroll) & haven't been given it, consider it passed onto you!!!

13 comments:

Mum-me said...

Very interesting list. And I always love seeing your photos. The Christmas photo is so cute.

Grannysaurus said...

Hi Renata,
I use boppy music to help me 'liven' up for house work or just to get out of the doldrums sometimes. It works great, but that doesn't mean the house work is all done either. I hope the preserving goes well!

Peta said...

Great list... I LOOVE coffee too, but not iced, has to be hot. LOL.
I wish we could be self sufficiant but alas our 'yard' is too small and we cannot move to the country anytime soon as Hamish's work is in Sydney....oh well I can dream cant I????
P.S love your photo's

junglemama said...

Nice to know you Renata!

Cassandra said...

Great post! and i love seeing all your pics too :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Narn,
We have so much in common!!! (Fancy that hey, except for the twins, I should add).
Hey, brilliant idea for your Christmas shopping, why don't you go to the numerous opp shops that abound in all of your surrounding country towns and do your Christmas shopping at these. It would be cheaper and everyone would get interesting presents. I picked a tomatoe yesterday from my garden, but we haven't eaten it yet.
I've just survived 3 night shifts, so am probably rambling.
luv to you all,
sel.

Mummy McTavish said...

Great to know you even better through these things, you are so good blogging them so quickly... I'm getting to mine... eventually...

jazzy cat said...

Ah iced coffee - I went through that phase too (but minus the twins). McWhirters coffee syrup was my fave as I recall.

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

You were blessed with twins and they dont run in your family? Cool!

May I add you to my blogroll?

Kimmie said...

Congrats on your blog award...I personally think your sweet!

With twins, perhaps the caffeine came in handy, no?

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

SF said...

Thanks Renata, this taught me even more about you! I love these kind of posts. The photos are gorgeous!

Oh, and how do you make your iced coffee?? I'd love to give it a go!

The photo of the mountains was taken from the balcony of Mum's unit, zoomed in of course. The view is AMAZING. They plan to retire there, so we'll be visiting often!!!!

debi9kids said...

LOVE your photos and photography. I think your list is fantastic and love that you are so proud of your farm. You are honestly living my dream....

Anonymous said...

If I remember rightly, there was a bit of a caffeine addiction before wasn't there????? A coke one - well you probably didn't have a daily fix of that one!!! God made coffee for a good reason!!!! Love the photos - all are gorgeous as usual. The grapes look good. Are they just behind your house???? Poor aunty Sel just range. She just took 1 1/2 hrs to get to work - there had been a car prang on the highway. Love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin