100% Sunnyside-grown!

Monday, February 2, 2009

As sunset descends upon Sunnyside, a peacefulness fills the air. The cherubs are all sleeping (I'm using the words cherubs & sleeping very loosely here!! - but they should be after all they have been in bed over an hour even though it's still daylight) & the temperatures have dulled to a pleasant semi- coolness that makes you consider turning off the air conditioning unit!
Dave & I enjoy taking this time to do the final farmyard rounds for the evening - give the lambs their evening feed & lock the chickens up for a good night's rest...
But this time all was not the same, for as I crouched to check mother hen in her nest - I spied a miracle - a cute, soft, sweet little newly hatched chicken sitting with it's mother while she sat on the remaining eggs.

What a cutie - our first 100% homegrown animal!!!
(And as Dave says "At least we know our rooster works!!" LOL)

16 comments:

Bobbie-Jo said...

How neat to see the fruits of your labour!

SF said...

hooray!!! she (or he) is just adorable! Actually, that chick looks alot like ours do, which gives me an idea of how they'll look once they're bigger. They're getting feathered up a little now! Still hoping they don't get sick and die like the last lot.... an experience like that makes you paranoid!!!

Mum-me said...

Yes, I'd say that rooster works pretty well. Newborn chicks are so cute. I use to love it when my mum's chooks got broody and she'd let them sit.

Cassandra said...

Aaww how cute!

Mummy McTavish said...

It's sooooo cute. I'm not a fan of chooks but little chickies are just so sweet.

Anonymous said...

It's so cute!!! Well done!
luv
sel

megs @ whadusay said...

What a great find! Sounds like a lovely evening. :)

As for e-mailing, maybe try the "e-mail me" link on the right side of my blog. Let me know if that works or not.

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Aaaaw! So cute! I bet the kids were excited to see it too!!!

Glad Ellie school days are going well. She's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute!

So, I have to ask...did the kids name him (her?) yet?

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous & cute!! Congratulations on your very first 100% Sunnyside animal (hey, what about the kittens???????) What did the littlies think of them, or are you giving the chickens a couple of days to get on their feet!!!!
Love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kate said...

Very cute chick Nata :)
lololol Dave!!

Frizzy said...

Gorgeous pictures and reflection. Love your husband's sense of humor. Too funny. Congratulations mommy hen!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Dave's observation made me chuckle.

I needed that.

debi9kids said...

Congrats on your new "baby"!
How wonderful (and cute!)

Thank you so much for commenting and helping me help the Whitt family.

Kylie said...

So cute!!! Well done mother hen.

Deanna said...

LOVELY photos...all of them! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin