The Glad Game!

Thursday, October 29, 2009





The beautiful Kimmie from Over the Moon with Joy thought it would be fun to play the Glad Game (as read about in Pollyanna) - to look for the good in something that is ...well.. not so good.
The scenario:
The other evening our main house water tank ran out of water. It was about 8 pm at night & the kids were in bed & I'd finally finished the cleaning up after tea (Dave was out on the tractor, so I'd had to do it all) & the last thing I wanted to do was hike up to the shearing shed & hook up the pump and open the water tank & then down to a paddock & get the hose extension that we had been using for filling animal watering troughs & then back to the house, connect it all up (we use 2 hoses from the tap at the back of the chook shed to the water tank inlet) & of course I had trouble with the fitting in the dark & finally back to the shearing shed, intersect Dave on one of his trips up to the hay shed (he was bringing in our hay bales ) so I could give him the spotlight I had been using. - certainly not your relaxing night. I'll admit to being a mite grouchy that my planned evening of blogging & just relaxing had gone awry.

But this is where the Glad game comes into play:
I am so glad (thankful) that we have extra water storage otherwise an empty water tank would be devastating. I am glad that I have the ability to connect it all otherwise we wouldn't have had any water for showers that night. I am also extra glad we have Snowy who accompanied me on my expedition as he would have alerted me to any snakes nearby.

If you would like to join in the Glad Game, go & visit Kimmie - it's a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

Sweet Renata;


Thanks for playing!!

I loved your glad game...I could really feel your thankful heart in your words.

I bet your Knight was happy to be able to shower after a long day of hard work. I also bet he was glad that he has such a hard working wife. Truly glad.

I highly recommend the book as a read aloud for homeschool, my boys and girls adored it. (when we finished they asked if we could begin reading it again). They didn't love the movie, we watched post reading, anywhere as much as the book.

I am excited about the God possibilities with this game. You know it must be a nudge of God for me to put my face on that button. (I don't love pictures of myself...but God said 'do it.')

I fought for at least 6 hours, after the Holy Spirit nudged me, to learn how to make that button for it.

This morning I woke up and checked it and found it was filled with spams. I had to work with the *owner/inventor* to crash the MckLinky and rejoin his site-as it looked to him that I had never joined. He said he has 4,000 people who use it and NEVER had a problem before with anyone using it. He actually walked me through it on the phone (which was sweet of him.) His daughter is Abby (do you know about Abby Riggs and their blogs?)*so many people are praying for Abby's cancer.

Anyhow, the enemy was hard against me, so I know I am on the right track, praise God.

thanks for playing. It encouraged my heart after a long day of only me playing.

thanks friend
(((hug)))
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Ana Degenaar said...

What a lovely post Renata, it is a beautiful reminder as well!

Grandma said...

In everything give thanks.......for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are continuing to pray that all of those water tanks and dams will be filled real soon...
Lots of love
Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Smilie girl said...

Good for you! I bet you're glad you did that.
I'll try and do that the next time I'm feeling grumpy.
Hope you get some more rain too!

aunty sel said...

Hey Narn,
That is a lovely game to play, It's always wonderful when you stop and give thanks to God for the good things in things that on the surface seem bad. Today I am glad that I could have my little issue fixed before it became a big problem.
luv you lots,
sel

Blog Widget by LinkWithin