In celebration of my recent birthday (can you guess how old I was??) I decided to once again share in list form about myself. I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little more :)
1. I'm an optimist ~ there's not much that will knock me flat & I don't stay there for very long if it does!
2. I love pretty things ~ especially in creation (you can probably guess this from my blog)!
3. When I was a girl I couldn't wait to grow taller than my mother so she couldn't tell me what to do ~ I'm still shorter than she is!
4. Our boys names all come from the Bible ( surprised ? ~ no, I don't use their real names on here), however our daughters' name comes from a cookbook ~ she's a tad disappointed about that.
5. I've always been a Christian since I can remember, but I'm always amazed at how I've grown through various times & different trials & I know that I still have so much to learn! I love that God takes the time to care enough about this insignificant woman to want to mold my character to be more like Jesus.
6. We recently purchased a Wiii (ebay - of course) ~ I've been having so much fun on the Wiii Fit & have to do it each day to get my stamp:) I'm not going to tell you my Wiii fit age, but let's just say it was older than I am, but younger than I was expecting!
7. We lovingly refer to our home as the "ebay house" ~ our 'new' kitchen & a lot of the furniture were all purchased through ebay!
8. I've never been brave enough to sell on ebay ~ I have a shelf full of things that need to be sold, but I always chicken out. I think I need to send the things to the op shop soon!
9. I married an aircraft engineer who was infatuated from birth with aeroplanes. I have three sons who are well, let's just say "plane crazy" however I hate flying because I get terribly air sick.
10. I have found the best way to make sure I organize my praying for those I want to ~ which includes you guys~ I'll share it soon!
11. I often wish I could change my blog alias to something a little more unusual ~ the singing farmgirl ~ Aussie farmgirl ~ something like that, but I just couldn't be bothered going through & changing it all!
12. I love to garden ( can you guess??) but I kill at least half of the things I plant ~ seems I don't have as much of a green thumb as I wish ~ of course to overcome this I plant many, many plants in the hopes that some of them will live :)
13. I've planted 26 tomato plants so far this spring & I have more that I'm growing from seeds ~ hopefully it means lots of tomatoes over summer.
14. My husband thinks I have a seed fetish ~ I tell him that at least it's cheaper than a shoe fetish :) I promise I am planting them all!
15. I have a list of 16 topics I intend to blog about ~ I wonder if I will get through before the end of the year?
16. I got the dirtiest present this year for my birthday ~ that's right 4 cubic metres of dirt for the new garden beds (also bird netting & sprinkler systems ~ isn't my husband romantic ??? Actually I asked for help with the garden as my gift).
17. I love home schooling, but I must admit I am currently thoroughly enjoying the spring holidays! It's been so busy, but finally this week I have the chance to sit around & write here ( & the internet is finally reconnected after a storm took the power, phone line & cooked the modem last week!)
18. Dave has now officially been around (as "special friend" or husband) for over half my life!
19. I hate sitting still for very long ( wonder where the kids get that from?) One of the reasons radiography suited me as a profession was that I didn't have to sit around all day ~ motherhood suits that as well :)
20. I have to read to get to sleep each night ( & not the computer ~ it just makes me more awake). I am currently reading a book on organisation by Sandra Fulton ~ I highly recommend her books.
21. I'm not sure upon reading it if I'm a messie or not~ my house is never perfectly tidy, but I absolutely hate clutter & piles everywhere, so there isn't much of that around ~ & I don't tend to hang onto things too long (unless I'm going to sell them on ebay). Hmmm...
22. I never, ever in my life imagined I'd give birth to twins ~ I always thought Ellie would because it's in Dave's line, but not myself ~ I still hope she does :)
23. My sister gave me a book by "The Amish cook" ~ I'm thoroughly enjoying it & hope to try some recipes before long.
24. I have read the google previews of the other three Amish cook books on Book Depository!
25. I love the Amish ~ even though truthfully what little I know about them has come from novels or blogs ~ there aren't any over here in Australia ~ I wonder if I'd be disappointed if I ever went to see their true lifestyle?
26. I am so glad that God decided to give me a daughter. I love everything girlie & sharing it with her! I love doing her hair & dressing her up pretty!
27. We visited Floriade at Canberra again this year ( it really is beautiful), however we rushed through as the Lifeline Book Sale was on that day as well!
28. I have had my parents & 2 sisters visiting at different times over the last three weeks ~ it's been wonderfully fun & I thoroughly enjoyed their holidays.
29. I've found it so important to pray about upcoming visits ~ some are great & others not so great ~ I now pray that they will each be times of bonding & relationship building!
30. Once upon a time when asked I would say I preferred cows, now after real life experience I'm totally a sheep girl (although don't tell Bessy ~ I still love her ~ even if she is naughty)
31. I froze the bird. Yep it's true I'm guilty ~ it was in our first year here & I didn't realize how cold it got outside at nighttime.
32. In the latest Gardening Australia is a picture taken by yours truly ~ I took it on my neighbors' behalf!
Have a wonderful day dear friends